- How can I print the list of birthdays?
- I can't find A-book icon in the system tray (Windows XP).
- I am trying to print a memo onto A4, but the printout is dropping off the edge of the page. How can I correct this?
- Can I synchronize A-book data with Palm Pilot?
- New! Can I synchronize A-book data with Pocket PC?
- When I try to print envelopes, the name of the person or company does not show up in the address.
- I cannot get A-book to print an envelope the way it appears in the preview page. Address lines are in the reverse order.
- Can I print an address at the top right corner on the paper with the text?
- New! After I fill in all the fields for a business contact, there might be several other employees with the same address, which I want to add, but I have to start all over again with each one and it is time consuming. Is there a workaround?
- New! How do I print a sheet of labels to include all names and addresses in A-book?
- New! When I print a report, the first names print outside the left-hand margins.
- New! I'd like to print address labels for those contacts, that live in a particular City/Town. Is there a way?
Q: How can I print the list of birthdays?
A: A-book has a "report" printing style. This style allows you to print the contact list as it looks in the A-book main window. To print the list with the names and birthdays you need to remove unnecessary columns from the contact list and add "Birthday" column.
To remove columns you can right-click on the column header and select "Remove Column" on the popup menu. To add columns you can use "Field Chooser" item of the same popup menu or menu "Tools->Contact List Fields". Select "Other fields" group, press left button on the "Birthday" filed and drag the field to the header of the column, then release the button at the desired place.
Q: I can't find A-book icon in the system tray (Windows XP).
A: There's an option on Windows XP platform called "Hide inactive icons". Maybe you can't find A-book icon in the system tray because of this option turned on.
Open the Taskbar properties (right-click on the Taskbar), then click the "Customize" button to get the "Customize Notifications" list, select "A-book" in the list, select the "Always show" item from a drop-down menu, and then click OK. You can also clear the "Hide inactive icons" option, and then click OK.
Q: I am trying to print a memo onto A4, but the printout is dropping off the edge of the page. How can I correct this?
A: You need to adjust page margins.
Open "Memo options" dialog box using menu: "File->Page setup->Memo". Click "Page settings" and enter the margins here.
Q: Can I synchronize A-book data with Palm Pilot?
A: Yes, just export the address book as vCard(s) and import them into Palm Desktop. Then use HotSync to synchronize your data with Palm.
Q: Can I synchronize A-book data with Pocket PC?
A: Yes, you can use Pocket Syncomatic add-on to synchronize A-book contacts with Pocket PC. Find more info here.
Q: When I try to print envelopes, the name of the person or company does not show up in the address. What do I need to do ?
A: To print a company name and/or a person name you should use a different address format. In the Print dialog box click Page setup button to open the Envelope options window. Click Addr.format button and select one of the formats from the list.
You can also modify address formats or create your own. On the Tools menu click Address formats, then Edit or Add.
Q: I cannot get A-book to print an envelope the way it appears in the preview page. Everything is correct on the preview page but when I try to print, it puts the city\state\zip code first, then the street, then the name. The addressee portion is in the correct portion of the envelope but the return address is on the bottom right corner of the envelope. Is there a workaround?
A: Some printers (mostly HP models) may work incorrect with A-book envelope option. To fix this, follow these steps:
- Stop A-book if it's running
- On the Windows Start menu, click Run.
- In the Open box, type Regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and select the following key:
- On the Edit menu, point to New, click DWORD value, and name the DWORD value FontAltRotate. Right-click FontAltRotate and click Modify. Type 1 for the Value data, and click OK.
- On the Registry menu, click Exit.
- Start A-book.
Q: Can I print an address at the top right corner on the paper with the text?
A: Yes, follow these steps:
- Print a document with the blank space at the top-right corner. Assume, you use A4 size paper.
- Put the printed paper sheet back to the printer tray.
- In A-book click Print button on the toolbar.
- Select Envelope style in the Print style list.
- Click Page Setup.
- In the Envelope size list select custom size and set width to 210mm and height to 297mm (dimensions of the A4).
- Select Landscape in the feed method.
- Set margins for the delivery address. For instance: 140mm from left and 25mm from top.
- Click Preview, and adjust setting if you need.
- Click Print.
Q: After I fill in all the fields for a business contact, there might be several other employees with the same address, which I want to add, but I have to start all over again with each one and it is time consuming. Is there a workaround?
A: Yes, you can use "Ctrl+C", then "Ctrl+V", and a new contact with the same address would be presented so you only had to put in the new name & job title.
Q: How do I print a sheet of labels to include all names and addresses in A-book?
A: You need to select all contacts in the contact list (Ctrl+A), then click Print, choose Label Print Style and Selected contacts as a Print Range. Click Page Setup to choose the label format, font, etc.
Q: When I print a report, the first names print outside the left-hand margins.
A: You need to adjust the margins of the page. On the Report options dialog box (menu File->Page Setup->Report) click Page Settings button and set the appropriate margins.
Q: I'd like to print address labels for those contacts, that live in a particular City. Is there a way?
A: Yes. You can add a City column to the contact list, then sort on this column, then select the contacts with the City you like. Click Print and choose Selected contacts as a Print Range.